- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Meanwhile, using a sharp knife or Stanley knife, score the ham fat (not the flesh) at 1cm intervals. Wrap the hock in foil (this prevents it from burning).
- Place ham on a greased rack in a large baking pan lined with foil
- To make the glaze, combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan. Bring to the boil, stirring, over medium heat. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 8-10 minutes until thickened.
- Brush the ham fat a few times to evenly coat with the glaze. Roast for 45-50 minutes, brushing with remaining glaze once, or until ham is golden and caramelised. Set aside to cool for 30 minutes.
- Slice and serve warm or cold with American mustard and a leafy green salad.
NOTE: Canned chipotle chillies in adobe sauce adds a spicy, smoky flavour to the glaze, they are available from supermarkets including Hill Street stores. If you prefer a less-spicy flavoured glaze, leave these out of the recipe.
Click here to watch our Christmas Ham video tip