- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 400g can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 x 125g cans corn kernels, drained
- 200g punnet grape tomatoes, quartered
- 3 cups (450g) pulled pork - flavour of your choice (see links to recipes below)
- Pulled Pork Shoulder Carolina Style
- Pulled Pork Shoulder Memphis Style
- 8 regular flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded three cheese blend or tasty cheese
- Diced avocado and coriander leaves (optional)
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring often, for 3-4 minutes or until softened.
- Add pulled pork, beans, corn and tomatoes. Stir until combined and cook for 3-4 minutes or until hot. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer pork mixture to a bowl. Wipe the pan clean.
- Place 4 tortillas onto a flat surface. Spoon a quarter of the pork mixture onto each tortilla, leaving a 1cm border.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Cover with remaining tortillas.
- Heat the frying pan over medium heat. Place a quesadilla in pan and cook for 3 minutes or until golden.
- Turn quesadilla over and cook for a further 2 minutes or until golden and cheese has melted.
- Transfer to a tray and keep warm. Repeat with remaining quesadillas.
- Cut quesadillas into quarters. Sprinkle with avocado and coriander if liked and serve.