- 100g store-bought garlic butter, softened
- 1 loaf (800g) sourdough bread, sliced
- 6 eggs
- 300ml pure cream
- ½ cup milk
- 1 ¼ cups grated extra tasty cheese
- 250g sliced Scottsdale Pork leg ham (or use leftover Christmas Ham)
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- Leafy green salad, to serve (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Grease a 10-cup capacity (about 6cm deep) oval baking dish.
- Spread butter on one side of bread slices and place slices standing up in the prepared dish.
- Combine eggs, cream and milk in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add 1 cup cheese and stir until combined. Pour mixture over bread slices.
- Tear ham into large pieces and place in between bread slices. Place tomatoes between slices of bread.
- Sprinkle with remaining ¼ cup cheese. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden and egg mixture is set. Serve immediately with a leafy green salad.