- 4 x 150g Scottsdale Pork fillet medallions, 2cm thick
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons peri peri seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small red onion sliced
- Pinch saffron strands
- 1 small smoked chorizo sausage, diced
- 2 cups long grain rice
- 4 cups chicken stock, warm
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 red capsicum, roasted & sliced
- 2 ripe tomatoes, seeded & diced
- ¼ cup continental parsley, chopped
- Parsley to garnish
- Lemon wedges to serve
- Brush the pork scotch fillet steak with a little oil and season with peri peri seasoning and salt and pepper.
- Preheat the griddle pan for 1-2 minutes over a medium heat.
- Place the pork steak in the griddle pan and cook for 6 minutes, turn the steak and cook for a further 2 minutes. Remove steak from the pan and rest in a warm place for 2 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat, sauté the garlic, onion, saffron strands and diced chorizo for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the rice to the pan and stir for 2 minutes.
- Pour over the combined chicken stock and tomato paste, cook stirring until liquid boils, reduce heat, cover and simmer stirring occasionally for 10 minutes.
- Add the capsicum, tomato and parsley to the pan. Cook for a further 5 minutes until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Slice the pork fillet and arrange over the Spanish rice and garnish with parsley and lemon wedges.