- Preheat oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan-forced. Meanwhile, using a sharp knife, score the ham fat (not the flesh) crossways at 1cm intervals. Wrap the hock in foil (this prevents it from burning).
- Place ham on a greased rack in a large baking dish lined with foil (or use a disposable foil tray for easy cleanup).
- To make the glaze, combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan. Bring to the boil, stirring, over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 8-10 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Brush the ham fat a few times to evenly coat with the glaze. Bake, for 50 minutes to 1 hour, brushing with remaining glaze occasionally, or until ham is golden and caramelised. Set aside to cool for 30 minutes.
- Slice and serve warm or cold. Decorate with whole roasted red chillies if desired.
Click here to watch our Christmas Ham video tip