- 8-10 lean Scottsdale Pork spare ribs
- ½ cup cold Chai tea, strong black
- ¼ teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger
- 1 cup Chai tea, strong black
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- 4 star anise
- Roti bread
- Steamed basmati rice
- Cut pork rashers in half and place in a non-metallic shallow dish.
- Pour over the combined marinade and marinate for 40 minutes or up to 24 hours refrigerated.
- Remove pork from marinade and BBQ on a preheated BBQ grill plate for 5-6 minutes each side.
- Place glaze ingredients into a saucepan and stir over a medium heat until liquid boils. Increase heat and boil rapidly until liquid is syrupy, stirring occasionally.
- Brush glaze over ribs liberally and caramelise for 2 minutes on the BBQ being careful not to burn.
- Serve pork with warm Roti bread, basmati rice and salad