- 2 x 400g cans organic lentils, drained and washed
- 200g Scottsdale Pork shortcut maple bacon, diced
- 400g roasted pumpkin, cubed
- 100g baby spinach leaves or shredded kale
- 100g creamy feta cheese, crumbled
- 150ml balsamic dressing
- 50g pinenuts, toasted
- Heat a griddle pan over a medium heat and cook bacon for 3-4 minutes turning frequently until well browned. Remove and set aside.
- Place the drained lentils in a large mixing bowl.
- Toss the lentils together with the pumpkin, capsicum, spinach leaves, feta cheese and balsamic dressing.
- Gently fold through the cooked bacon.
- Arrange the salad in a shallow serving dish and garnish with pine nuts.
- Garnish with cracked black pepper.